The second edition of SILMO Next, a concentration of innovations, trends and prospects!
With the client experience as a guiding theme, the FUTUROLOGY space was a total immersion in tomorrow’s technologies and products.Kick off this exploration with a product exhibition that revolutionizes the function of the product we know as “glasses” and the way they are sold or experienced.Then go on to a true sensory discovery as they explored a possible future concept store. To finish, the professionals encountered start-ups and larger companies that shared with you their vision of the future of the optical business.
This year, SILMO Paris is launching a CSR Focus. The perfect opportunity to assess the situation and ask ourselves the relevant questions on the subject.
The Trend Forum is a source of inspiration that revealed the latest not-to-be-missed eyeglasses and sunglasses collections. This colossal gallery exhibited the leading products that have managed to get noticed, both for their technical achievement as for their style.
Learn more on the dedicated page about Forum Tendances
The first ever Hackathon in the optical industry was held on Saturday, 28 September. Five international teams from diverse backgrounds collaborated for 24 hours in order to convey their vision of tomorrow’s optical retail with unbridled energy. How did the participants cope during this extraordinary experience? They successfully complete their projects? Who won this edition? SILMO Paris reveals all.
Learn more on the dedicated page about the Hackathon
For 25 years, SILMO Paris, ever resolute and committed to promoting the optical and eyewear sector, decided to showcase the know-how and expertise of each company. To this end, the jury of experts convened on Friday and Saturday to discuss and finalise the results. During the iconic SILMO D’OR Gala, SILMO Paris had the pleasure to unveil the Laureates of the 26th edition.
Learn more about lthe SILMO d'Or 2019 nominees and discover the laureates from Sunday 29.
Each day, the SILMO NEXT space features conferences, speeches and points of view on the field. Within 30 minutes, each speaker presents a perspective to help envision and
understand the future...
On 2019 the program:
• Friday 27 September
- “The Future of Retail and the Value of Fit” by George Thaw, CEO of Fuel 3D
- “Smart Glasses vs Fashion Eyewear, threats and possibilities on a new huge market” by Mikael Eriksson, CEO of Skugga Technologies AB
-“Lexilens, the dyslexia-correcting eyeglasses” by Michael Kodochian, Innovation & Strategic Projects Director of Abeye
- “Connected frames & Intelligent frames: a world of difference!” by Philippe Peyrard, CEO of Ellcie Healthy
- “Imagining the Future of Eyewear Retail: Welcome to Atelier Futurity” by Dr Alireza Paradian, Head of Global Business Strategy for Wearables Materialise
- “The digitalisation of frames to improve the purchasing experience” by Guido Cornettone, VP Marketing, and Dominique Bazin, VP Sales, of Fitting Box
- 5th Dimension
• Saturday 28 September
• Sunday 29 September
- “The articulation of conception with the imaginary, criticism and anticipation in a project context / design fiction” by Eric Fache, Designer, researcher and teacher, and Maxime Simon, Designer
- “The glasses of the future” by Sébastien Brusset, CEO of JAW Studio
- “Smart glasses: how far can we push the limits?” by Philippe Peyrard, CEO of Ellcie Healthy
- “How to humanise sales thanks to digital technology?” by Joël Nguyen, co-founder of Unimi
• Monday 30 September
- “Guidance for eco-responsible opticians” by Carole Riehl, editor-in-chief of Les Lunettes Ecologiques Magazine
- “Trends and Commitment, the new keys to success for your brands” by Virginie Corbasson, consulting director for Carlin
- “Laclarée, a new technology of adaptive glasses to correct far-sightedness” by Jessica Jarosz, R&D engineer, and Bruno Berge, CEO, of Laclarée
- “2020 market perspectives and trends in the optical and eyewear industry” by Dominique Cuvillier, CEO of Cuvillier Consultant, director of the Trends by Silmo publication