SILMO 2020 and you
At your side through the turmoil
A year and a half ago, the COVID-19 pandemic suddenly and profoundly impacted our personal and professional lives. Despite this turmoil, which shattered a number of habits and certainties, Silmo remained present for the optical and eyewear community by going into overdrive, adapting all its tools and services – developed over many years – to the situation.
These responsible commitments and concrete measures were quickly announced and maintained in order to protect the SILMO Paris 2020 exhibitors and to ensure our missions to promote and further the industry despite the health crisis.
Adapting, acting and accompanying
- By enabling some 70 companies to meet with 1,500 opticians in three regions of France with Silmo Hors Les Murs, a new event format.
- By going forward with the 2020 SILMO d’Or awards, which highlight innovation and creation; indeed, the unprecedented revelation of the winners has never offered so much visibility.
- By financing a project with a great deal of promise for eye health through the scholarship granted by Silmo Academy.
- By maintaining the two editions of the digital magazine Trends by Silmo and the SILMO Paris online catalogue in order to share the prominent new collections, technological innovations and other eye care products and services.
- By using Silmo’s social media throughout the year to cultivate the unique relationship that we have established with the optical and eyewear community throughout the world.
Back to real-life, in-person events
A few weeks ago, the French government announced the lifting of lock-down restrictions, officially making it possible to resume fairs, exhibitions and conventions from June 30th.
The ramping-up and results of worldwide vaccination campaigns, the lifting of restrictions on international travel, the establishment of the EU’s Digital Green Certificate, and the clear intention to meet up again among professionals:
all these factors naturally lead us to confirm Silmo Paris 2021.
While the return to professional events will be very progressive throughout the world, it must be said that the few events that have been held recently have had very encouraging results in terms of trade fair media pertinence and the urgency of bringing face-to-face dealings back into the professional relations after these long months of digital business!
While optimism and the hope to return to a better, “normal” time are growing stronger, we remain conscious of our responsibility to renew our commitments and the measures we took last year to support you, protect you and offer you optimal visibility for this new beginning.
- The postponing of deposits and the opportunity to stagger payments for a stand to relieve your cash flow.
- The option to reduce the reserved floor area at no additional expense until August 15th (within a limit of 25%).
- Like last year, if ever the trade fair cannot go forward, 100% of the amounts paid will be transferable to the 2022 edition, or reimbursed.
- The French government recently published health measures relating to events organisation. These state that beginning on June 30th, all fairs, exhibitions and conventions will again be authorised without an occupancy limit.
- However, at any event where more than 1,000 people gather at any given time, the DIGITAL GREEN CERTIFICATE is obligatory for visitor access.
- Based on this general rule, the industry’s representatives and the health authorities are working on detailed instructions suited to the various events formats.
- The rules are subject to modification, of course, depending on how the situation develops.
What are the concrete consequences for Silmo Paris?
What is confirmed to date
• Digital Green Certificate obligatory for visitors
• All in attendance must wear a mask, and hand sanitizer is provided
• No maximal capacity
• No restriction on restaurant services for the public or on the stands
• No additional regulation applies to the equipment of stands
What remains to be established
• Will the Digital Green Certificate apply to all personnel (exhibitors, service providers, coordinators, etc.)?
The Silmo extras that make all the difference
• Quick antigen testing in a special area for visitors who arrive at the trade fair without a Digital Green Certificate.
• Masks and hand sanitizer in stock for exhibitors who forget to bring their own.
• The option to coordinate evening gatherings at stands as in the past.
Your participation opens up a world of opportunity
When you register, a number of opportunities are available to you, providing access to supports showcasing your products and enabling you to gain visibility well beyond the trade fair event.
- The online trade fair catalogue
- Trends by Silmo, the digital magazine
- Registration for the Silmo d’Or awards
- The exhibition of your new products on the Trend forum
- Your news posted on our social media
- The services of the Silmo press department
➔ You’ll find all the practical information and correspondents’ contact details in your exhibitor space.
You may also consult the optional visibility tools available as a complement to your stand there.
New in 2021: During the trade fair, to offer you an impact that reaches beyond the limits of your stand, we propose live webcasts featuring your collections and products, to be viewed by prospective purchasers who cannot travel to Paris. You’ll receive their contact details following the trade fair. ➔ More information coming very soon!
Important: To enable us to address the various types of trade fair information to the pertinent recipients, please complete the list of contact details in your exhibitor space.