SILMO Paris 2022 was announced as the recovery edition. The figures are now in, and they surpass all expectations, with a spectacular rise in the number of international visitors and an increase in participation by French opticians, confirming that SILMO Paris is back to its pre-crisis levels. This demonstrates the importance of SILMO for business, communication, information and trends.
During the four days of the trade fair, the 750 exhibitors – frames, lenses, technical materials, brands, general purchasing organisations, services, and so on – welcomed nearly 27,000 visitors, roughly half from France and half from abroad. In detail, the numbers of French visitors reached 13,462, for an increase of 21% compared to 2021. Foreign visitors, from 146 countries, reached 13,444, up by 107% from 2021.
“These figures demonstrate the appeal of SILMO Paris, a leading trade fair that remains an international platform for business and a hub of interaction for all the professionals in the optical and eyewear industry,” confirms Amélie Morel, Chairwoman of SILMO Paris.
While exhibitors ensure the success of a trade fair through their products, creations, innovations and services, SILMO Paris supports them through its unfailing organisation and a complete ecosystem that showcases, informs, and defends the stakeholders in the optical and eyewear industry. An overview of the highlights of the event: awards and visions of the future
- SILMO d'or : 10 winners for 10 catégories
- SILMO OPTICAL DESIGN CONTEST
- The International Optician of the Year Award
- SILMO Next : How can technology revolutionize the optical and eyewear sector by 180°, from bricks to clicks, from smart glasses to the Metaverse?
- SILMO Academy : the great comeback. This 11th edition addressed two current issues: myopia and the importance of good vision in an ageing population.
- LES MOF : the Meilleurs Ouvriers de France came to share their passion for craftsmanship
Read all the details in the press release :
We look forward to seeing you at the next edition, to place from 29 September to 2 October 2023. In the meantime, meet us at the upcoming events of SILMO Family:
SILMO Istanbul – 17 to 20 November 2022
SILMO Singapore – 12 to 14 April 2023