Saturday 7 October 2017 : 10am - 1pm
10am : Presentation of the work carried out for the SILMO Academy 2016 Grant
By François Daniel and Arnaud Foisy of the IRIS Laboratory Team - CNRS FR3636 - Paris - Descartes University.
10.45am Symposium begins
Session 1 / Dazzle: definition, process, evaluation.
- Introduction to the symposium by Professor Christian Corbe, Ophthalmologist, France.
- “My Dazzle” by General Patrick Baudry, European Astronaut.
- The neuronal basics about dazzle, from the eye to the brain, by Chantal Milleret (PhD), Researcher in Neuroscience, Collège de France, Paris.
- Brightness, dazzle and reaction time, by Lorella Dado and Xavier Gerber, Optometrists, study carried out at the Institut d’Optométrie de la Haute Technique in north-west Switzerland.
- Measurement and compensation of high order aberrations to improve vision quality, by Marco Benedetti, Optometrist, Bergamo - Italy.
Sunday 8 October 2017 : 10am - 1pm
Session 2 / Dazzle, environmental factors
- How is dazzle different from “seeing properly”? by Bernard Sanselme, Ergonomist, Clermont-Ferrand - France.
- Dazzle and photophobia: Optical and optometric ways to achieve visual comfort, by Stefano Panzeri, Optometrist, Milan - Italy.
- Why athletes choose tinted filters, by Professor Stéphane Inni, Institut d’Optométrie de la Haute Ecole Technique in north-west Switzerland.
- Dazzle and driving, by Gilles Demetz, Sport Optics Specialist, Paris - France.
- Binocular disorder and photophobia by Marcela Camacho Montoya, Optometrist, Colombia.
- Low vision and dazzle; clinical advances in the role and adaptation of selective filters, by Anne Catherine Scherlen (PhD), Susana Montecelo and Adèle Longo, Centre d’expertise en basse vision, Essilor International, Paris - France.
- Street lighting and low vision, by Olga Faure Ollory, Low Vision Consultant, study carried out with the City of Paris and the Association Française de l’Eclairage - France.
2pm : Presentation of posters to the jury
Monday, 9 October 2017 : 10am - 1pm
Session 3 / Dazzle and medical conditions
- Clinical aspects and physiological reasons for photophobia, by Doctor Christophe Orssaud, Hôpital Georges Pompidou, Paris - France.
- Light & the Ageing Eye, by Professor John Marshall, UCL Institute of Ophthalmology, London – England.
- Dazzle in people with dementia and Alzheimer’s, by Bruno Delhoste, Optician / Optometrist, Bayonne - France.
- Impact of photochromic glasses with purple blue filtering on the photosensitivity and comfort of pseudophakic patients, by Coralie Barrau, R&D Engineer, Institut de la Vision, Paris - France.
- Measuring dazzle and contrast sensitivity in diabetic patients, by Professor Prema K. Chande, Lotus College of Optometry, Mumbai - India.
- Keratoconus: Cross-connection and rigid gas-permeable corneal lenses, more than a glimmer of hope! by Sandrine Malaison Tremblay, Optometrist, Université de Montréal - Canada.
- Factors affecting light scatter and glare in contact lens wearers par Giancarlo MONTANI, Optométriste, Lecce, Italie
- Photophobia in neuro-ophtalmological disorders by Sandra Maleysson, optometrist and orthoptist, currently studying for a PhD at the University of Valence, Spain
1pm : Presentation of poster awards and conclusion of the symposiu