Key players driving innovation in the world of optics, the Best Eyewear Craftspeople in France look forward to meeting you at SILMO Next. Bearers of a unique heritage and know-how, they are well placed to give opticians the keys to their future development. The return to craftsmanship, proximity and authenticity is more than ever a response to new consumer behaviours and future challenges.
EYEWEAR DISCOVERY WORKSHOPS
Train yourself in the techniques of the Best Eyewear Craftspeople in France by attending a 30-minute workshop at the next Silmo show.
THE EYEWEAR EXPERTISE PRIZE
Creative, passionate and ambitious, these eyewear designers from around the world have one thing in common. They were all trained at the MOF Eyewear School in Morez in the French Jura. To celebrate the School’s 10th anniversary and for the SILMO 2022 trade fair, they’ve produced a creative frame that will be voted on by visitors to the show. The designer of the frame receiving the most votes will win a 3-day advanced course at the MOF Eyewear School.
VISIT US AND VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE FRAMES !
The M.O.F. Lunetiers Eyeglass Craftsmanship School: a tailor-made transmission of eyewear know-how
Training modules are offered on demand according to the project and the level of competence:
- Eyewear design: the keys to create your collection
- Measurements, design and shaping of a frame
- Realization of prototypes of glasses cut out with the top of the eyeglass frame
- Elaboration, shaping and assembly of a metal frame
- Realization of frames in natural material
- Create your own eyewear workshop
- Computer-aided design and use of numerically controlled machines
- Prototype realization of glasses in 3D printing
- Dressing frames with the rigour of industrial production
- Acetate Decoration and Metal Treatment
To watch: exclusive interviews of two Meilleurs Ouvriers de France for SILMO Next!
Bérengère Evain, Meilleur Ouvrier de France and eyewear craftsman, reminds us what a “spectacle maker” is and the added value that custom-made eyewear can bring in an optical store.
Xavier Christin, Meilleur Ouvrier de France, eyewear designer and creator, discusses the importance of a good in-store repair, gives advice for inspiration and presents the support solutions offered by the M.O.F. Eyeglass Craftsmen school.