To describe his work as a designer, Emmanuel likes to quote Constantin Brancusi “Simplicity is complexity resolved”.
Elegance, clarity and simplicity are key to Emmanuel Gallina’s work. His creative ethic at authenticity and coherence is embodied in every one of his projects. To him, attention to detail is a constant priority in the contours, shapes and functionality of his work.
Graduated from E.N.A.D (Limoges) and I.A.V (Orléans), he deepened his knowledge at Milan’s Politecnico obtaining a diploma of Master in design & management. He then collaborated for 7 years with Antonio Citterio in Milan on projects for the most celebrated names of international design. Presently Emmanuel works for his own agency, between Italy, France and now China.
His projects with resolutely contemporary international brands like Poliform, Cartier, Porada, Fast, Colé, Forestier, Clen, Nodus, Toulemonde Bochart, Ampm La Redoute, Panasonic or Accor all share a sense of harmony and simplicity.
From 2010, he is consultant for companies on marketing strategy and design identity as art director.
Emmanuel teaches at Milan’s Politecnico, tutors at Domus Academy as well as Ecole d'enseignement supérieur d'art in Bordeaux. He is often solicited for lectures, conferences and workshops in France, Italy, China or Brasil.
Awards and competitions :
- 2015 Label VIA _ Paris (Harold sofa for AMPM)
- 2013 Prix Orange from Design Tour _ Bordeaux (Collection for AMPM)
- 2013 Archidesignclub Palmares _ Paris (Tapparelle desk for Colé)
- 2012 Label VIA _ Paris (Nouvelle vague for Clen)
- 2012 Label Observeur du design _ Paris (Nouvelle vague for Clen)
- 2011 Wallpaper Design Award _ London (Concorde table for Poliform)
- 2011 WAN furniture design award shortlisted _ Londres (Aikana Outdoor collection for Fast)
- 2011 Imm Interior award _ Koln (Aikana Outdoor collection for Fast)
- 2009 Best of Year Award _ New York (Grace chair for Poliform)
- 2008 ID smartest products Award _ New York
- 2002 Design 21 Unesco award _ New York
- 2002 First Prize Utopia 1.0 _ Biennale St Etienne